Last night we made our letters to Santa! This year we are doing things a little different. We are only asking Santa for one thing. We decided that Santa would have more room in his sleigh for toys for other kids that don't have many toys. My reasoning behind this is....Santa gets too much credit!! This year my girls have been rough with their toys. I told Kaybree one time, she couldn't shove rocks down her "Baby Alive's" throat, I told her those were expensive dolls. She looked at me and said you didn't buy them, Santa did! (ugh!) Those dolls went in the garbage shortly after! Anyway, I figure that if I buy things, I have more control over how they are treated! What is the rule at your house?!
1 week ago



5 comments:
I feel the same way. My kids are really only getting one "big" toy from Santa, and Makenna and Hannah are both sharing it... it's the Barbie house from Costco.
i agree completely. it's hard to tell my girls that they can only ask for a small amount of presents because santa is on a tight budget. i will almost be relieved when they are old enough to know the "truth". although it is so magical when you do believe. thanks for the idea. and, i heard that you are having a boutique. when and where?
I love all the bling on the letters! So cute. We told our girls that Santa doesn't have a lot of money so they should only ask him for one thing and Madison said "But the elf will make it all. It doesn't cost him anything!" Little poop head! I'm super late but happy birthday and happy thanksgiving!!!! I thought about you all day on your birthday.:)
We have Santa play a pretty small role at our house. He brings one main present, stocking stuff, and little things but we focus on the gifts we give each other as a family and making that a bigger deal. We've also gotten rid of the whole "naughty" or "nice" thing because a lot of less fortunate kids are great kids that don't get a lot of presents and it has nothing to do with how they behaved. Plus, a lot of spoiled kids who have not been that great, get HUGE Christmas's and that doesn't make sense either. So, we told our kids that even though Santa makes and delivers the toys, each mom and dad have to send him money to pay for them. Some families have lots of money so Santa brings lots of toys and some people don't have a lot of money so Santa brings them a few things that they really need and some families send Santa money to spend on other kids who can't send any money so that those children can get gifts. That way, they can start to see that sometimes we do nice things for people we don't know or will never even meet. This has TOTALLY worked and my kids don't give Santa the credit for making Christmas great. The one year that we went overboard, the kids felt NO different about it than any other year, but our checking account sure did!!! It's a good lesson to learn early, especially with the rough economy right now. Good luck!
WE only do one item from santa also. Good luck with that :)
Post a Comment