This weekend we had our friends from Huntington here. We decided to go to Gardner Village and see the witches again. It happened to be Wee Witches Weekend and the place was packed! We decided to go feed the ducks, we were on the little deck in front of Pine Needles, Kaybree climbed up on the railing and leaned over just a little too far. Her brand new glasses fell right into the pond! First I went into the store to see if someone had a hook or hanger...anything that I could fish the glasses out with! Of course nothing! Well, I took off my shoes, took off my socks, and climbed over the railing. I thought that maybe I'd be able to reach the glasses without actually getting in, but, no go. I couldn't reach. So with one hand desperately gripping the railing, I stepped into the pond. With pond scum and pond moss oozing between my toes, I reached down and grabbed the glasses! eewwww! I handed the glasses up and climbed back over!! When I was back up on the deck, I said, "That was fun!" Some lady that was standing nearby watching said, "Well it was for me and the rest of your audience!"
The things we do for our kids!
Ashley has pictures. As soon as she emails them to me I'll post them!
1 week ago



10 comments:
Yuck! I am sorry! We have a pond by our house and it is really gross and I always warn the boys, that even though I love them to pieces, I would really have to think about jumping in after them with how filthy that pond is!
You are a good sport for going in after them. I would have been like, there goes $200 down the hole and left them there!
oh no! you are so brave! i was there last thursday night. so fun! i love gardner's village, especially at this time of year. it's the best!
After I read your email where you mentioned this I had to see if you put the story on your blog, I had to hear why you were in the pond at Gardener Village! Can't wait to see the pictures, you're such a great mom!
oh gross!! Thats right, what we do for our children and expensive glasses :) cant wait to see the pictures
I'm looking forward to the pictures of this one! I'm sorry you had to get into the pond, I think I would have done the same thing. Glasses are expensive!
Oh my gosh at first I thought you were going to say she fell in cause everytime I go there carson gets closer and closer to the water and I joke that one day I will be going in there after him. I wouldhave loved to be there to watch that for sure. I bet even though it was yucky your girls will never forget that and now you can use it against her at least for awhile. Yeah for brittany she is now the mother of the year what a great mom. I would have done the same though considering glasses cost an arm and a leg now a days...
Those pictures are going to be classic!! Can't wait for that. HaHa!!
Oh man! I'm sorry. I'm sure Kaybree was very grateful to you! It reminds me of the time I threw my retainer away in the elementary school dumpster, and we (when I say we I mean my mom and her visiting teacher) had to go through all the trash to find it! gross! (we did take it to the orthodontist to have it cleaned!)
I don't know if I want to see pictures becuase the one I have in my head is pretty funny!
Hey Brit, I would love to see the pics. of this when you get them. Don't forget to post them! So...funny.
Post a Comment