Let me just tell you how much I love Lake Powell! It is absolutely my favorite place in the world! I had forgotten how much I loved it. The last time we went down was when Kaybree was 6 months old...fun, but a very different trip from what we normally do! I took a million pictures so I decided to make a slide show! There are a few pictures I want to highlight...
There is a picture of Oakley standing next to a GINORMOUS fish. Some guy came pulling into the dock with this fish! It was 28 lbs and 44" long! He said that he caught it in only six feet of water!!! AHH! He said a fish that size is normally close to 40 lbs. This one was starving and came to the surface looking for food! AHHHHHH!!!
There is a picture of Kaybree. She lost her second tooth in Lake Powell. The tooth fairy found us alright, but we were a little nervous that she wouldn't!
There are some pictures of the carp at the marina...Did you know if you feed a fish ice-cream, it comes out of their gills leaving a milky trail?
There is also a picture of the dinosaur print at Rainbow Bridge...not many people know about it!
We really had so much fun in Lake Powell! Enjoy the slide show!
1 week ago






12 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fantastic time!
Oh I am sooooo jealous I love the water and anything to do with it. Looks like the whole family had a great time. I love the pics of your girls there so dang cute oh and the one of you holing the rope with your foot can we say skills thanks for sharing even though it made me very jealous...
Lake Powell is fun!! Looks like you all had fun.
I have never been to Lake Powell (stephanie). I LOVE to be on the water. Funny thing is i cant get up on water skiis but i can wakeboard. Something weird about that? I lvoe the girls all tuckered out. Looks like a blast! Thanks for sharing
That looks so fun, I'm glad it was a great time for you!
Okay...maybe I'm just a girly girl or something, but seriously...does that GIANT fish not phase a single one of you out there?!?!?! Hahaha! I was almost ready to go home after seeing that!
love the lake powell pictures! the last time we were there was before Cameron was born. I love it there too! I remember feeding the carp Ice cream when I was little, ah memories! Looks like soo much fun!
Looks like so much fun! I, too love Lake Powell but it has been years since I've been there. The huge fish close to the shore is freaky. My kids would not like that! They are always concerned about going swimming in lakes where fish live. I tell them they are out far away from where we are swimming. I guess not always.
Brooke was telling me about the fish story!! That is crazy! We are getting so excited to be going there soon!! I told Brooke we will have to watch out for the fish because I don't want to have them get me either!!:)
Brooke sent me to your blog to make me go crazy for Powell. I bet your kids were so impressed you could waterski. When we go out my kids have no idea I'm not just a Mom. We are so excited to go to Powell. We say it in our family, "Powell, Baby!" too!
Looks like a lot of fun! I probably haven't been to Lake Powell since I went with you! That was sooooo fun=)
Looks like fun. I love Lake Powell to. I haven't been forever, it scares me to go with little ones.
Post a Comment