Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Went Private Because...

I went private because the world is full of crazies!!!
I have sitemeter on my blog. For those of you who don't know what sitemeter is, well, it is an Internet service that helps you track who is viewing your blog. It doesn't give me completely perfect information like names, but it does tell me (for example)... someone from Riverton Utah viewed my blog at 8:00am for a total of 4 min...stuff like that. It also tells me how people find my blog "referring site" or "search word" Well, last week, I clicked of search words, and someone had typed in "little girls in swim suits!" All I know is that this person is from New York, and they viewed my blog for 3min. The same day this person again searched, "little girls in swim suits," and viewed my blog for 4 min. Well you better believe I yanked every picture off the blog as fast as I could! I'm sure it's nothing, but you can't be too safe. I am wanting to believe that this was just a wake up call! I feel so much better now knowing that I have a little more control over who is viewing my blog.
P.S. on a funny note, other search words that have lead people to my blog include:
Twilight Depression, Shop a-holics, Diet Coke!
Kind of funny!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

My sitemeter doesn't let me see the search word....did you upgrade yours or something?? Or how do you get to it? I would love to see that. That is sick that someone types in something like that!!

Stark Family said...

Ya, how did you get that sitemeter?

Anonymous said...

I was also looking for search word and couldn't find it. Do fill us in! The world IS full of crazies and that is why I chose not to use my kids full names. I'm glad you shared your experience so we can all be more cautios and I'm glad to know that it wasn't some crazy person in our neighborhood. Yet, you never know. I may consider going private, too.

Ryan said...

alright let us know where you get the sitemeter info from. That is just sick and wrong.

Mackenzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mackenzi said...

That is so creepy! I'm glad our blog is private too. I'm due March 27th but my c-section will be scheduled a week before that. My Birthday is January 16th. So at least we'll have 2 of 5 birthdays in different months :) (sorry I deleted my last comment, too many errors!)

Lauren said...

I would find myself up at night, wondering if I should make our blog private. Once I did it I have felt so much happier, and a little peace of mind. It's nice to control who can view your personal life ;). I love your family pics! Who took your pictures? I need to get family pictures done.