Today was Kaybree's first day of kindergarten! I can't believe how grown up she is! I thought I was totally prepared to send her off, boy was I wrong! I cried like a baby! I woke up this morning from a very restless sleep thinking, "this is it! She is ready! I can't believe that kindergarten took this long to get here!" I left the school this afternoon thinking, "this is it, she will never be this little ever again! Did I teach her enough? Love her enough?" Then that little poem came into my head...
Sometimes you get discouraged because I am so small
and always leave my fingerprints on furniture and walls.
But everyday I'm growing-I'll be grown up someday.
And all those tiny prints will surely fade away.
So here's a final hand print just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked when I was very small.
Kaybree is such a joy to our family. She has so much love in her heart. She is a very special little soul! Love you lots punkin!






7 comments:
she looks super cute! so did you get to stay the whole day with her? Cameron's teacher made all of the parents stay outside when the bell rang. And I am so proud of myself that I didn't get sad at all. He was lovin it too much!
I think that day is always harder for the mom. Kaybree's hair is so cute! I saw a little girl from my ward in one of the pictures, she is actually the baby in her family and I know that mom cried, too!
I loved that you cried. Her pics are so cute and it looks like she is going to do great she will probably love it. Yeah it will get easier and when she comes home you both will be so excitted instead of her getting on your nerves somedays now you can have a break and be so happy when she comes home. You will have to post how her day went for her I am excitted to know...
You're such a cute mom! Mine is only two and I think he's too grown up already! I'm going to be in trouble!
How sweet. I cannot believe school has already started up there. We still have two weeks.
Wow, I can't believe she is in kindergarten! She is so cute! I am sure I will cry too, I am glad I have another year :)
Your girls trip sounds like it was so fun!
Life goes by so fast, I can't believe how grown up they are. Kaybree looks so cute!!
Post a Comment