Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Here's What is Going On With Me....

So back in February, I had that cyst that ruptured. Well after the surgery they wanted me to come in a few weeks later and have a follow up appointment. So I went in, they had no record of my blood being drawn since I had Oakley, so they wanted to run the normal tests. A week later they called and said that my SGOT levels were high. This means I was showing signs of heart, kidney, or liver damage. They told me they wanted me to go see an Internal Medicine Dr. I got an apt. The internal Dr. said that it was possible that these SGOT levels were high due to my recent surgery. (duh! Why am I here than!) He said he would like me to come back in a month and do more blood work to compare the two. Well, I really didn't think anything of it. One month from my appointment would have been while we were in Disneyland, so of course I didn't go. Well last week Bryce reminded me that I still had not gone back in, so I did. (I didn't need an appointment for the blood draw, I could just go in.) Well, the nurse called back on Monday and said that there were more abnormalities with my blood work, something was wrong with my ANA's. (???) The nurse said that is possible that I may have lupus! They are not sure, they want more blood tests! I googled lupus, and I have NONE of the symptoms, so I really think these Dr.'s are up in the night.
I am a little irritated with the whole situation because I feel FINE! I hate going to the Dr. and especially when I feel like nothing is wrong. I feel like they are going to drag me through all these test just to say, hmmm... we don't know why your blood is the way it is! I feel like an opposite hypochondriac! They think something is wrong with me and I do not! And personally I would rather spend my money on other things rather than copay's when nothing is wrong! I have another apt for tomorrow to give them more of my blood, but I will actually be talking with the Dr. this time. I will keep you all updated. Does anyone know anyone with lupus?

8 comments:

The Dabo's said...

I have know a couple of people and YOU do not want to have it. But I am sure you don't, pretty sure you would know. Good Luck!!!

Melinda said...

I have always thought there might be something wrong with you. Just kidding! I don't even know what lupus is but I sure hope you don't have it. Keep me posted and let me know if I can help with anything.

Brittany said...

hahaha!! Melinda- We all know there is more wrong with me than there isn't!! My own mother will tell you that!! :) Jamie- trust me I don't WANT lupus, and I'm pretty sure I don't have it!

Teresa said...

You poor thing! Let me know if you need anything!

Cindy said...

Wow! I'm sorry! That's so frustrating! I would most definitely get a second opinion if they tell you, you have Lupus. That's not fun at all! You're in my prayers!

Shanna said...

oh so sorry my aunt does have it
need anything let me know

Kevin and Erin said...

My mom has had lupus for almost 25 years. If you have any questions let me know. By the way this is Erin (Ashley's friend).

Jennifer Hatch said...

What a crazy experience! I hate paying a billion co-pays like that as well. Matthew had cancer earlier this year, and so of course he had like 40 different doctors, and all of them wanted him to "check in and make sure he's okay" like every other month, included with a co-pay of course. Grr.