Friday morning, I woke up feeling really awful! My stomach hurt so bad that I couldn't move. I also couldn't breath. We decided to take me to the ER. To make a VERY long story short, I had a cyst on my left ovary. It ruptured and bled into my abdomen. They ended up removing the cyst, which was larger than a tennis ball! And sucking all the blood out of my abdomen, which was 500cc's of blood! Here are some pictures.
Sorry if you have a weak stomach!!!
This first picture is a picture of the cyst. It is on the right side of the pic. The dark red part is were the cyst ruptured and bled into my ab.



12 comments:
Wow - that is crazy! I have had two cysts burst on my ovary's before, but I have never seen pictures of what it looks like inside! Now I remember why I decided against becoming a nurse. :)
WOW.. THOSE ARE AWESOME PICS :) Just medical people i guess. THat is crazy though. Im glad you went into the ER instead of dealing with the pain. Scary stuff. Glad your OK!! Take it easy and relax..
Oh my gosh Brittany I can't believe this happened to you. I love the pics though I think that kind of stuff is so interesting. Seriously though are you ok your lucky you went in. Do you need anything any help or anything if so you so drop me a line and I will help in any way. You take care of yourself and I am soooo glad your ok......
Wow. I'm glad you're feeling better! It made me laugh because Amy sent me an email that said "Ok, so Brittany had a cyst the size of a softball on her ovary removed on Friday. She posted some pretty sick pictures on her blog. I know how you like sick stuff like that- bleck." Ha ha. Secretly, she likes the sick stuff too! =)
That's horrible, I'm glad your doing better. I can't believe how big it was, that's crazy!
How scary! I hope you're doing OK now. I'll be thinking of you. Annie
I'm glad you are feeling better, that is so scary. And knowing that you are feeling better I feel like I can tell you never to post pictures like, I do have a weak stomach. Gross!!!
Oh Britt I feel so bad for you. My friend had the same thing happen a few years ago while she was at work and I honestly thought that she was going to die. She said she was in the worst pain ever. No fun. I am glad that you are feeling better though. Sometimes being a woman is really not fair!
Seriously! Oh my gosh! That is horrible!
That might be disgusting.
that is so cool! i hope you are feeling better. melissa
I am so sorry that we arenn't closer. I fel bad that I am barely reading this too!! I get so absorbed in my life. I hope you are doig tons better. Please call me if you need anything.
Post a Comment