Monday, January 31, 2011

Bittersweet

Well, you heard it here first...we are closing down our jean business. :( We lost two of our best accounts last week. :( We still could have made it work with the other accounts, but we decided not to. I am very happy that I was able to have this little business venture, and that it was fun and successful! I guess if it has to end, I can't think of a better way for it to happen. At least I can say that I am still friends with my business partner/ neighbor/ friend. (that doesn't happen very often!) Business was fun, but it did take it's toll on my family. Bryce travels a lot and with me doing two parties a week, well it was hard. That is why it is bittersweet for me. I am excited and scared to just be home. I have a very hard time just being home, I feel like I should be contributing to society in some way...I don't know why I always feel like this, but it is my goal to be content. Beside which, raising two daughters IS contributing to society! Probably one of the better contributions out there right?

3 comments:

The Hoods said...

Oh Britt.. I am sorry. This is bittersweet for you. I know how much you have loved doing this, but I also know how it stressed you out at times. Look at the upside, you don't have to feel bad about when we do our GNO's, because you will be ready to go out now! And yes, raising kids is definately contributing to society!

Teresa said...

Oh my, where am I going to go for those cute jeans? I totally understand though and you need to do what's best for you and your family. I just think the world of you!! :)

John and Ashley said...

Wow! Love the update. Hope you don't mind if I copy some of the baptism pics. We are going to do them in St. George when we go for Easter. Your girls look so grown up.